1. Below you find the official pool safety fence barrier code for Tampa-Bay and the rest of Florida. Swimming pool laws and regulations.
2. A document that gives a snapshot of the areas with the highest reports of drowning:
Between 5/1/11 and 8/26/11, a total of 1,592 drowning were reported by the media. Key findings: There were 416 child (12 and under) drownings reported nationwide during this time period Of these, 286 were ages 5 and under 204 were in the 13 – 19 age bracket For drownings in the 5 and under age group, 70% were male.
National Trouble Spots:
(30 or more drownings reported in the media 5/1/11 – 8/26/11). Per the National Drowning Prevention Alliance, states with high numbers of pool drownings should focus on improving barrier laws and enforcement, and promoting supervision and swimming lessons. States with high numbers of open water drownings can reduce these numbers by focusing on promoting and/or providing access to swimming lessons, and through providing lifeguards at lakes and oceans.
Here are several independent research articles explaining real and disturbing drowning and near drowning statistics. Pool Fencing and other pool safety devices can drastically reduce these statistics.
(1) A residential swimming pool barrier must have all of the following characteristics:
(a) The barrier must be at least 4 feet high on the outside.
(b) The barrier may not have any gaps, openings, indentations, protrusions, or structural components that could allow a young childto crawl under, squeeze through, or climb over the barrier.
(c) The barrier must be placed around the perimeter of the pool and must be separate from any fence, wall, or other enclosure surrounding the yard unless the fence, wall, or other enclosure or portion thereof is situated on the perimeter of the pool, is being used as part of the barrier, and meets the barrier requirements of this section.
(d) The barrier must be placed sufficiently away from the water’s edge to prevent a young child or medically frail elderly person who may have managed to penetrate the barrier from immediately falling into the water.
(2) The structure of an above ground swimming pool may be used as its barrier or the barrier for such a pool may be mounted on top of its structure; however, such structure or separately mounted barrier must meet all barrier requirements of this section. In addition, any ladder or steps that are the means of access to an above ground pool must be capable of being secured, locked, or removed to prevent access or must be surrounded by a barrier that meets the requirements of this section.
(3) Gates that provide access to swimming pools must open outward away from the pool and be self-closing and equipped with a self-latching locking device, the release mechanism of which must be located on the pool side of the gate and so placed that it cannot be reached by a young child over the top or through any opening or gap.
(4) A wall of a dwelling may serve as part of the barrier if it does not contain any door or window that opens to provide access to the swimming pool.
(5) A barrier may not be located in a way that allows any permanent structure, equipment, or similar object to be used for climbing the barrier.
When it comes to your backyard swimming pool, your child's safety is our top priority! We are one of Florida's oldestPool Safety Companies. We specializing in Removable Pool Safety Fences, Pool Covers and Pool Netsin Tampa Bay FL.
Our products have extensive warranties, our prices are low, and installation can usually be provided next business day.
See why we have won The Angie's List Super Service Award for 10+ years and we are A+ Rated on the BBB.
Pool fencing is sometimes referred to as baby gates, baby barriers, pool guards, child or baby fence
This is just a friendly reminder from Pool Guard of Tampa Bay. As Hurricane season is upon us, we strongly recommend that you remove your Pool Fence when the forecast shows heavy winds, tropical storms or hurricane activity. if not removed, it is possible that damage to your pool fence and or pool deck can occur
Pool Guard of Tampa has won this award every year they have been eligiblePool Guard of Tampa Bay has earned the service industry’s coveted Angie’s List Super Service Award, reflecting an exemplary year of service providedto members of the local services marketplace and consumer review site in 2015.
We have been thankfully serving Tampa Bay for over a decade and have won 12 Super Service Awards. We love what we do and feel privileged to be trusted to protect so many family pools. We are truly grateful.
“Only about 5 percent of the Pool Safety Fence companies in Tampa Bay FL have performed so consistently well enough to earn our Super Service Award,” said Angie’s List Founder Angie Hicks. “It’s a really high standard.
Angie’s List Super Service Award 2015 winners have met strict eligibility requirements, which include an “A” rating in overall grade, recent grade, and review period grade; the company must be in good standing with Angie’s List, pass a background check and abide by Angie’s List operational guidelines
A Tampa Toddler protected with a Pool Safety Fence; Good job parents!
Pool Safety Fence in Tampa BaySo,you have been thinking about a pool safety fence but until now you have never let your toddler out of your site so the urgency hasn't been there. You have been enjoying swimming in the pool with your 18 month old, introducing her or him to the fun of swimming and splashing in the water.
Butnow you have a newborn that takes most of your attention, however your toddler still wants to play in the pool. In the few moments it takes to tend to your new baby, and your backis turned, your toddler issuddenly unsupervised and can jump or fall into the pool! It only takes a few seconds for your toddler to sinks to the bottom of the pool. You don’t see or hear her. And just like that-she drowns! Harsh, I know, but this storyplays out just like this every dayin Tampa and across the country. It’s so important that you realize the dangers of toddlersand a swimming pool. That’s why you can never leave small children unsupervised near a home swimming pool for even a minute. Just by installing a removable Pool Safety Fence around your pool can keep your children safe from the dangers of drowning. If you have a swimming pool, you must have a protective pool barrier to prevent the unthinkable from happening. Getting a removable Pool Safety Fence or Pool Net is easy and affordable. Pool Fences are quick and easy to set-up or take-down, and you will be surprised how good they look, too!